Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Washington DC!

Monday was Intro to Washington DC day! We drove across the Chesapeake Bay, parked just outside DC, and rode the Metro right onto the National Mall. We got there at about 1pm, and got to walking right away. We walked to the Capital first.










It is about a mile from the capital to the Washington Monument. And I'm thinking we walked that a few times. Along the way, we popped into a couple of the Smithsonian museums: Natural History and American History. We only spent maybe 45 minutes in each. I'm looking forward to spending more time in each on our next trip.

Noteworthy: Ben and the creepy bunny.

Also, the Stephen Colbert. And it really is by the restrooms. A defining moment in my life.


Finally, we saw the Lincoln Memorial. He was much bigger than I thought it would be!


This picture is kind of blurry, but I wanted to include the quote. I thought it was very poetic.



View from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

The White House from a distance. We didn't have time to get very close. Next time I really want to take a tour.
It was such a quick trip, but absolutely worth it! I can't wait to go back!

1 comments:

Marie said...

Looks like you guys had fun, and you beat us there and we've lived here since August!! If you'll send me your e-mail I can add you to the RS mailing list for while you're here and I know I mentioned sending you an invite to our blog but need it for that too :) Mine is mariemc01 at gmail dot com. I've heard if you write out the "at" and "dot" it keeps spammers from getting your address ;) Take care!