Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Big Apple.

On Monday, we got up really early, dressed in warm clothes, and drove the 3 hours to NEW YORK CITY!!! I've dreamed of seeing New York forever, so when Ben got a whole day off, we jumped at the opportunity to squeeze in a day trip. We parked in Jersey and took a bus through the Lincoln Tunnel. Ben usually holds his breath through tunnels, but he didn't stand a chance in the long Lincoln Tunnel! Ha ha! Then, once we got to the Manhattan side, BAM - buildings everywhere. It was great! It really is a concrete jungle, with the tallest buildings all around. And, even though it was a cold winter weekday, there were so many people everywhere. And speaking so many different languages. So we left the Port Authority and just started walking. We had a general idea of where we were headed, but found so much by just wandering a little.

First, Times Square.





WaMu and Jamba Juice, right next door to each other?!? It was like the wacky employment version of 'This is Your Life'.



And then, Central Park! Finally, I saw some real snow! But no way was I making a snow angel there. Yuck! But isn't it pretty?





So pretty.


The Rockefeller Center! Awesome Atlas.








And the main attraction: The Empire State Building. Unfortunately, it was snowy, so we didn't go to the top. Next time...


It was a quick trip, but so amazing! Totally alive and unique. NYC really is electric! I may have a new favorite city! Can't wait to go back again and again!

3 comments:

Laci Shupe said...

Megan,
Where do I sign up at you two are so lucky and you both look great. Miss you a ton and hope to talk to you soon. Laci

katie said...

Man you have taken some awesome trips! (Not as cool as to Michigan though, hint, hint) I love all the pics! I'm enjoying visiting new cities vicariously through you!

Candy said...

MEGAN!!!!!

I miss you. How are things. I hope you are doing well. IT looks like you guys are having a blast. Tell me what you guys are doing now?

All my best,

Candy