Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthdays!

Our 27th birthday weekend kicked off Saturday evening when we got the chance to attend our neighbor's daughter's 1st birthday party.


Sunday was my birthday, but of course we couldn't wait to open our gifts so we opened them Saturday night. Among a(nother) pocket knife for Mr.Ben, and a much need waffle iron...


...Ben surprised me with this:


Our old camera went kapoot a few months ago and the iPhone just wasn't cutting it anymore.  I've been drooling over this camera forever.  I'm no photographer, but I've wanted something a little better than a point-and-shoot, while still very user friendly.  Bingo!

Isn't my hubby sweet?

My birthday was on Sunday, so here I am before leaving for church.


Ben had to work Sunday night, so I got to surprise him with a little birthday decor for his big day.


 Between a lot of working and midterms, we didn't quite have the standard favorite-day-of-the-year festivities.  And Ben came down with the most wretched flu on his birthday morning, leaving him like this most of the day.


Poor Mr.Ben.  Glad he's feeling better now, three days and a trip to the ER later.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! for waffles and a camera! Boo! for Ben being sick.

Lisa Brown said...

Awesome camera!! Now you can really capture Korea :).