Monday, December 27, 2010

Shopping in Suwon.

Ben had a couple days off for the Christmas holiday, so on Thursday we took the opportunity to explore some of Suwon, a city about 40 minutes north (by train).  We walked the streets and saw some interesting things.

There is a giant mall above the train station.  This is the view from the walkway while crossing the street.  Yes, we have driven here too.



And while walking around the streets just outside the station, we found this:


... for sale at a butcher.  When I took this picture, the two guys in the shop started laughing.  I thought they were laughing at me for taking the picture, but they just wanted to show me the cow head at the other end of the counter.  Yikes.  Shopping here isn't for the squeemish.  But at least my curiosity entertains the locals.

1 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

So funny! You mean you didn't buy the head to go home and use for dinner? What fun adventures you are having!